Community Development Coordinator
OneSky for all children is a dynamic, rapidly growing global organization, with offices in Berkeley, Hong Kong, Beijing and Vietnam. We believe in a world in which every child is valued as a precious human resource, worthy of our investment. OneSky teaches communities and caregivers to provide nurturing care and early education that unlocks the vast potential hidden in our world’s vulnerable young children. Over the next few years, will be expanding our proven approach to help at-risk children throughout Asia.
We seek a highly motivated and organized individual to support our $10 million annual fundraising effort. The Community Development Coordinator is a member of the Global Development Team and is responsible for executing daily activities in support of OneSky’s overall fundraising strategy and plans. The Community Development Coordinator will report directly to the Global Development Director. This is a full-time position working out of OneSky’s Berkeley office.
- Manage and support student groups and volunteers involved in fundraising, event planning, outreach and public education efforts.
- Create tools and opportunities to strengthen and expand student and volunteer engagement.
- Research, develop and execute an outreach strategy for expanding student and volunteer networks and broadening OneSky’s overall base of community support.
- Organize, plan and implement annual summer student volunteer trip to Asia.
- Provide support for OneSky’s Child Sponsorship Program.
- Maintain accurate records in OneSky’s CRM database (Salesforce).
- Provide event planning support for OneSky events as needed.
- Assist with other special projects as needed.
Key Knowledge and Skills
- Strong database and overall computer skills.
- Strong organizational skills, detail oriented and comfortable taking initiative.
- Strong multi-tasking skills.
- Able to work independently in a fast-paced setting.
- Enjoys community outreach and working with and mentoring young people.
- Prior experience in the nonprofit field – as a volunteer, intern or staff – preferred.
- Prior experience working with volunteers and/or student service clubs preferred.
- Able to work well in a team environment, handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines.
- Proficiency in Google G Suite.
- Some experience with graphic design and photo editing a plus.
- OneSky Club/China Care Club alumni encouraged to apply.
Salary & Benefits
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience, and includes excellent benefits.
Please forward your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the job title in the subject line. No calls, faxes or drop-in visitors, please.
OneSky is an equal opportunity employer.