Scam Alert! We have recently become aware of a scam targeting college students seeking jobs. If you receive unsolicited phone calls or emails claiming to be from OneSky, please exercise caution and do not respond to such communications. The only legitimate recruitment webpage for OneSky is: https://onesky.org/careers/ . OneSky does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process and does not request or issue bank cheques or money transfer at any stage of the recruitment process. OneSky assumes no responsibility for any consequences (including financial loss, identity theft or otherwise) that may derive from such scams.
Early Childhood Development Trainer (Ref: HKP003)
OneSky will open a Global Centre for Early Childhood Development in the heart of Sham Shui Po for vulnerable children and families. The Centre is a hub for services and training for children and families at-risk, offering childcare services 0-3 years old, a Family Centre with furnished playscapes 0-6 years old, as well as training programs for professionals and primary caregivers of vulnerable children. The OneSky training team will implement the OneSky training approach, consisting of face-to-face teaching, workplace/home visits, and continuous online learning to adult caregivers such as parents, grandparents, and professionals who have direct interaction with young children at-risk. Trainers share and model early childhood best practices, cultivate reflective practice among caregivers, and help nurture a community of learners working with children at-risk in Hong Kong. OneSky started its work in China more than two decades ago and now, we are going to continue the mission in Hong Kong for the families at risk and the communities.
- Possess a minimum of a Higher Diploma in Early Childhood Education and at least 4 years of working directly with young children.
- At least 1-year experience teaching and/or training adults learners, such as parents, grandparents, caregivers and/or adult learners is desired.
- Good knowledge of best practices for care and education of young children
- Subject expertise on children working with infants and toddlers and children at-risk is desired.
- Strong oral presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Fluent in Cantonese and English (additional languages is desirable)
- Flexible, positive attitude, cooperative and collaborative team member
- Conduct training (face-to-face training, visits, and to share best practices in early care and education to adult learners who have direct interaction with young children from 0 to 6 years old.)
- Adapt the OS training materials to the local audience.
- Work closely with the Director of Global Programs, the OS Programs Team to create and analyze and evaluate the assessments of program quality and adult learning for both in-class training and online learning.
- Work cooperatively with the Online Learning Manager/OS team to add/contribute materials to the online platform.
- Facilitate and respond to learners’ comments and questions in both the in-class training/workshop and the online platform.
- Promote positive and engaging learning atmosphere for both the in-class training/workshop and online platform for learners.
- Review and support the development of the quality programme content in response to learners’ feedback and new developments in the relevant field.
- Keep up to date on current knowledge and best practices in the fields of child development and early education.
- Be able to deliver training in the evenings and weekends.
- Other duties and responsibilities that evolve as programs change.
Start Date: Immediate
OneSky provides its employees with competitive remuneration package.
Interested applicants please send notice of interest to Programs at firstname.lastname@example.org
Family Mentor (Ref: HKP010)
In order to create a positive and inclusive environment, OneSky welcomes any individual from various diverse backgrounds and a passion for working with children to apply for the position. The Family Mentor will work in the Family Centre play areas by demonstrating quality adult-child interactions and early childhood best practices. They will model how to interact and enrich play through following children’s interests, asking inquiring questions, and teach parents and caregivers about responsive caregiving.
- Strong experience working with young children 0-6 years old/li>
- Studies in Early childhood education and or related disciplines required
- Licensed ECE (CE) highly preferred
- Fluent in Cantonese, additional language highly preferred
- Deeply enjoys playing with young children
- Friendly, approachable
- Strong work ethics
- Cooperative and collaborative team member
- Flexible and positive attitude
- Motivated self-learner
- Undergo an extensive training on the OneSky approach, child protection, and early childhood care and education best practices
- Will demonstrate and model evidence based early childhood best practices to parents and caregivers through play
- Get on the floor, be hands on, and excited to get involved with the children’s play.
- Coordinate and promote messy and creative play.
- Will educate adult caregivers participating at the Family Centre on the importance of play
- Will support the Social worker and OneSky staff in creating a safe and inclusive environment.
- Will help answer parent questions and inquiries
Please forward your cover letter and resume to email@example.com and include the job title in the subject line.
Database Administrator (Ref: HKO004)
OneSky is a training organisation that aims to help at risk children and families reach their full potential. As part of Measurement and Evaluation, OneSky is seeking a strong database developer who will help in implementing the end-to-end process of data collection, data storage, data mining and analysis and results presentation. The database is a core component as it enables high data quality and facilitates data analysis. OneSky operates in three countries and the data will be stored in the centralized database. Most of the data is qualitative in nature and presented in a likert scale.
- Design, code and develop the database with application and data migration support for various projects to meet organization objectives.
- Responsible for maintaining the database including but not limited to data models, analysis, data schemas and MySQL server.
- Provide support for data migration or existing applications to the systems.
- Coordinate UAT with users to ensure the quality of deliverables and meet project requirements
- Plan and coordinate standard policies and procedures and develop DB security measures to ensure data security and integrity
- Degree holder or above in Computer Science or Information Technology or equivalent
- Hands-on experience in database design and analysis
- Quick learner with superior analytical, problem solving and presentation skills
- Knowledge of DevOps or AWS Could environment is an advantage
- Experience in API testing
- Good command of spoken and written English.
Start Date: Immediate
OneSky provides its employees with competitive remuneration package.
IT Administrator (Ref: HKO005)
In May 2020, OneSky opened a Global Centre for Early Childhood Development in the heart of Sham Shui Po. The Centre serves as a hub of services including a Family Centre, which is a space for the community to play, interact, and develop healthy familial attachments with the mentorship of OneSky staff. Through training, our mission is to train and equip caregivers and professionals help at-risk children to reach their full developmental potential.
OneSky is seeking an organized, independent individual to support IT services globally. This role involves supporting the provision of IT services as well as basic daily facilities maintenance and services.
- Recognized degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related discipline; Diploma or above in Computer Science / Information Technology or related disciplines
- At least one-year post-qualification work experience;
- Familiar with creating, implementing and designing database applications;
- Knowledge in MySQL database management and proficiency in SQL queries;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications with advance Excel skills;
- Strong Knowledge of Windows, MacOS, iOS and Android platforms;
- Strong analytical, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Maintain and support various systems, computer/tablet equipment and application servers
- Assist with IT projects, server and system migration, including testing and documentation.
- Liaise with internal and external parties to ensure the provision of quality IT services
- Implement and support various database applications;
- Assist with ad-hoc IT related projects, IT troubleshooting and technical support
- Ad hoc duties as required from the Operations Team
Start Date: Immediate
Reports to: : Senior IT and Development Analyst
OneSky provides its employees with competitive remuneration package.
Interested applicants please send CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Financial Controller (Ref: HKF001)
The Financial Controller (FC) will be based in OneSky’s Hong Kong office and will work with the Chief Finance Officer (CFO) to support financial planning and accounting activities at OneSky. The FC is responsible for maintaining the financial integrity and health of OneSky and reviewing organizational spending in accordance to the budget and grant/donor agreements. The role will have a significant involvement in grant management and will report to the CFO.
- Bachelor’s Degree or above (Accounting or Finance a must)
- At least ten years working experience with at least five years in accounting, financial management or consulting (previous NGO experience preferred but not a must)
- Experience of managing organisational budgets and forecasts for both on-going and project based activities
- Strong communication skills to maintain relationships with external auditor/advisors, tax and other government partners
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel; familiarity with accounting platforms and online planning tool
- Experience of developing financial systems within a global, growing organisation advantageous
- Prior experiences in grant management with a good understanding of contracting policies, systems, and processes advantageous
- Emotional maturity, cultural sensitivity, and ability to partner non-finance colleagues, navigating ambiguity to achieve positive outcomes
- Practical understanding of the latest accounting regulations that effect nonprofit organizations in Hong Kong and the United States
- Fluency in English required and Chinese desirable
- Tailoring policies, procedures, systems, and processes within the finance team and also to meet the development team
- Oversee the finance team activity to ensure that all book-keeping, financial reporting, account and bank reconciliations are accurate within specific programs or countries
- Ensure that financial activity complies with internal control requirements (such as those stipulated in the Employee Handbook and the Finance Manual) and external standards (US GAAP and NGO accounting rules)
- Manage global audits including statutory and stakeholder driven projects according to annual audit schedule and prepare annual audit summary
- Review month-end and quarter-end financial statements and narrative report, as well as other financial and management reports as required
- Support and assist CFO in the preparation of organization’s annual budget, with financial performance report and annual budget report analyses
- Work with programs and finance on oversight of spending according to grant agreements
- Work closely with executives to provide timely and comprehensive donor proposals, tracking of donation and spending, producing donor financial reports
- Working with development, programs and operations teams to create budgets for grant proposals
- Alerting development, finance and programs team to changes in grant budget spending
- Occasional travel may be required
Interested applicants please submit CV to email@example.com
Head of Global Communications (Ref: HKD001)
OneSky envisions a world where all vulnerable children are valued and when loved and helped to flourish, will one day be part of the solution for a better world.
Founded in 1998, OneSky is a global NGO that teaches communities and caregivers to provide nurturing, responsive care and early education to children living in marginalised communities such as welfare institutions, rural villages, industrial zones and urban slums in China, Mongolia and Vietnam. Through the OneSky Approach, we create systemic change in the way communities care for their children. Over the past twenty years, we have impacted the lives of more than 210,000 children and trained 58,000 caregivers.
Please visit our website, onesky.org, to learn more about our work and impact.
OneSky is seeking a dynamic and exemplary Head of Global Communications to tell OneSky’s story to the world through compelling written and visual communications. The aim is to engage, inspire and convert our stakeholders while reinforcing our reputation and enhancing organisational culture.
This new role is part of OneSky’s global development team. Reporting to the Chief Development Officer based in Hong Kong, the Head of Global Communications will oversee a team of nine content and creative professionals. Ideally, the candidate would be based near our teams in either San Francisco, Los Angeles or Hong Kong.
This role requires outstanding and demonstratable storytelling and writing skills. As OneSky’s chief story teller and writer, this role directs and shapes OneSky’s positioning, messaging, content and social strategies, all the while determining the best channels for distribution to reach OneSky’s most desired audiences. In addition, the candidate would have experience in media relations, digital marketing and brand management. This is desirable but not essential.
Ensuring the highest standards in communication across OneSky’s assets, the Head of Global Communications will be creative, compassionate and, as an advocate for marginalised children, highly motivated to bring the OneSky story to the world. The candidate will be adaptable, resourceful, results orientated and able to work in a fast-paced global environment. With a good nature and positive outlook, experience in working across cultures, languages and time zones will ensure the Head of Global Communications will unite and nurture an inclusive, equitable and diverse communications team.
- Prepare and execute the annual communications strategy to promote OneSky’s vision and mission to identified stakeholders, building awareness, securing engagement and driving commitment from donors, NGO partners, governments, the OneSky board and employees.
The communications strategy will encompass the following elements:
- Develop and execute a content strategy that ensures the creation of compelling written and visual content to clearly communicate OneSky’s work and impact.
- Conceptualise, write and edit OneSky stories, social media posts, speeches, video scripts, donor communications and other content pieces, ensuring OneSky messaging and voice is consistent and shines through.
- Execute against a content/editorial calendar, to ensure the content team publish timely, relevant and impactful content across our multiple distribution channels.
- Work closely with the Creative Services team to oversee the conception and delivery of compelling visual content assets including photographs and film on OneSky programs.
- Oversee the OneSky global website, updating as necessary, to ensure an engaging environment for current and potential donors/supporters.
- Develop a social media strategy to promote OneSky across owned and paid social channels or third-party websites, managing content, images, and paid posts.
- Develop meaningful metrics to measure OneSky’s digital and social engagement, adjusting content frequency, length and topics accordingly.
Media Relations & Third-party Partnerships
- Seek out appropriate media opportunities or partnerships with mainstream media, global ECCE media, philanthropy platforms, etc. to leverage awareness for OneSky globally.
- Develop creative media angles/pitches to promote OneSky personnel, OneSky programs and our impact to targeted audiences.
- Assist in securing and stewarding OneSky Ambassadors and Key Opinion Leaders in the US and Asia, to help highlight our work to their followers.
- Champion and preserve the OneSky brand working closely with the relevant teams to develop marketing materials that are supporter-focused. These include impact reports, the OneSky Annual Report, brochures, posters, films, website copy, speeches, scripts, supporter newsletters, supporter campaigns, Staff newsletters etc.
- Work with OneSky’s Creative Services team to ensure our materials uphold our brand attributes and values and are always of the highest design standard. Assist with the annual review of the OS Brand Guidelines, recommending changes as required.
Qualifications & Skills
- Native English speaker and writer with outstanding creative writing skills that bring and organisation to life for its key stakeholder.
- Extensive experience in content marketing with a demonstratable portfolio of writing.
- Demonstratable experience in developing a social media strategy, social media content and measuring and analysing social engagement.
- Previous work in the NGO sector managing a team of communicators is highly desirable.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, WordPress, and social media publishing.
- At least 15 years working professionally
Salary & Benefits
OneSky compensates staff commensurate with experience, providing good benefits. Benefits may vary depending on the location of the role.
Please forward a cover letter explaining why you would like to become OneSky’s Head of Global Communications, outlining your experience, what you could bring to the role and providing samples of your writing. Please send the letter and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the job title in the subject line.
We are looking for translators! If you are fluent in Vietnamese or Mongolian and want some experience working with a dynamic team in an NGO setting, please get in touch by emailing email@example.com