Scam Alert! We have recently become aware of a scam targeting college students seeking jobs. If you receive unsolicited phone calls or emails claiming to be from OneSky, please exercise caution and do not respond to such communications. The only legitimate recruitment webpage for OneSky is: https://onesky.org/careers/ . OneSky does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process and does not request or issue bank cheques or money transfer at any stage of the recruitment process. OneSky assumes no responsibility for any consequences (including financial loss, identity theft or otherwise) that may derive from such scams.
Blended Learning Administrator (Ref: VNP01)
Based in Da Nang, Vietnam, the Blended Learning Administrator is responsible for the operations and maintenance of OneSky’s OneBigFamily website, a platform for early childhood trainers and caregivers to participate in online learning experiences. Overall responsibilities would include the management and creation of discussion forum posts, translation of content for upload, organizing print materials and video resources, and providing technical support to users. The Blended Learning Administrator works closely with the in-country Early Learning Specialist, HBC trainers, the Blended Learning Coordinator, and the Distance Learning Director to promote ongoing participation on OneBigFamily. If the ideal candidate does not reside in Da Nang city, remote work is an option with preference given to candidates in Quang Nam or Hai Duong where OneSky currently operates. He/She reports to the Distance Learning Director.
- Experience in using technological equipment such as laptop, tablet, smart phones
Able to learn and get familiar with the basic skills of using World Press Platform, as well as the video and picture editing software
Open to learning new digital tools/apps
- Have a technical and organized thought process and mindset
- Attention to detail
- Ability to describe technical information in easy-to-understand terms.
- Strong organizational skills to managing multiple tasks and meeting deadlines
- Strong work ethics with demonstrated collaboration and coordination skills
- Experience in teaching adults or having early education background preferred
- Open to learning or having strong interests in knowledge of child development and education of young children
- Proficient in English written and oral communication skills
- Strong Vietnamese written and oral communication skills
- Work with the training team closely to assist in enhancing the participation of all user groups on the Online Engagement Platform.
- Work with the Blended Learning Coordinator in managing the daily operations of all online activities and learning experiences on OneBigFamily.
- Record operation problems and work with the Global Team to solve problems and improve website efficiency.
- Develop rules and guidelines for users on OneBigFamily.
- Monitor users’ posts and comments to ensure they are adhering to the guidelines.
- Manage access to the platform and other related applets to provide support to users so they can maximize its potential.
- Translate and/or create online learning materials such as written documents for group discussions or videos.
- Provide recommendations on the design, development and content of online learning materials.
- Plan and organize the new topics according to the requirements, and conduct in-depth exploration and integration of the existing resources on the website.
- Leverage engagement so learners will actively participate in online communities. Seek to increase exchange and dialogue if participation is low.
- Complete tasks assigned by the Director of Distance Learning. Make regular reports to the director on: important user feedback and user engagement on One Big Family; plans to increase the number of website users; OneSky trainers feedback, and suggestions on how to address specific feedback.
- Analyze feedback on site usage and recommend changes that will improve the online learning experience.
- Participate in the planning, organization and overall promotion of the website’s online and offline activities, and execution.
- Integrate various data indicators, conduct user analysis, and submit relevant data reports and rectifications, optimization suggestions.
- Keep up to date on current knowledge and best practices in the fields of child development and education.
- Travel to areas where the new training session starts and meet users offline for promoting the online Platform and supporting users’ participation.
Reports to: Distance Learning Director
Start Date: July 1, 2021
Interested applicants please submit cover letter (bilingual in Vietnamese and English) and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
OneSky is an equal opportunity employer.
Family Centre Supervisor (Ref: HKP012)
OneSky envisions a world where all vulnerable children are valued and when loved and helped to flourish, will one day be part of the solution for a better world.
Founded in 1998, OneSky is a global NGO that teaches communities and caregivers to provide nurturing, responsive care and early education to children living in marginalised communities such as welfare institutions, rural villages, industrial zones and urban slums in China, Mongolia and Vietnam.
Through the OneSky Approach, we create systemic change in the way communities care for their children. Over the past twenty years, we have impacted the lives of more than 210,000 children and trained 58,000 caregivers.
In 2020, the PC Lee OneSky Global Centre for Early Childhood Development was established in Sham Shui Po, Hong Kong for vulnerable children and families. The Centre serves as a hub of services for at-risk children and their families which includes a Family Centre furnished with safe, fun playscapes open to the Sham Shui Po community and systematic caregiver training for parents and professionals working with children at risk.
The Family Centre Supervisor will support daily play sessions and other family-oriented services offered to children and their families accessing the Family Centre. S/he is responsible for creating a safe, welcoming environment for all who enjoy the families. S/He works alongside other program staff responsible for caregiver training and early care services. The Family Centre Supervisor is also responsible for leading a team of family mentors and volunteers to demonstrate parenting skills and other early childhood best practices. Finally, the Family Centre Supervisor will also work individually with families at risk, providing on-site advice and individual counselling advice and referral services participating in the Family Centre services. This position is based in Hong Kong.
- Bachelor of Social Work/ Family Studies/ related discipline with at least 5 years’ post-qualification experience with young children (0 to 6 years old) and families.
- Registered social worker (RSW) in Hong Kong.
- Demonstrated experience working with underserved and diverse communities. Some experience with new immigrant and/or ethnic minority families is desirable.
- Good understanding of the social services network in Hong Kong. Knowledge of the Sham Shui Po District is preferred.
- Knowledge of best practices for care and education of young children and child protection.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent organization skills and time management
- Possess big-picture thinking and flexibility when problem solving.
- Possess a positive attitude, empathy and understanding
- Able to deduce potential impacts of conditions or assess risk
- Fluent in Cantonese. Proficient in English. Additional language(s) is preferred.
- Supervise a team of family mentors to facilitate quality parent-child interactions during daily free-play sessions.
- Manage day to day situation or emergencies encountered
- Pursue positive goal oriented relationships with families in support of strong child outcomes
- Provide necessary support and individual counselling advice and referral services for parents and caregivers with family at risk whose children from 0-6 years old.
- Work collaboratively with Program Directors to equip family mentors to demonstrate and promote Onesky early childhood practices, including responsive caregiving and play to parents.
- Work collaboratively with Program Directors to design and planning of program and services to target children and families
- Work hand-in-hand with a multi-disciplinary team to provide additional support for children with learning difficulties and/or developmental delays.
- Cultivate positive relationships with other NGOs in Sham Shui Po
- Participate in child care conferences and parent teacher conferences
- Be able to take shift work and/or work on Saturdays
Start Date: Immediate
Reports to: Chief Program Officer
OneSky provides its employees with a competitive remuneration package.
Please forward your cover letter and resume to email@example.com and include the job title in the subject line.
We are looking for translators! If you are fluent in Vietnamese or Mongolian and want some experience working with a dynamic team in an NGO setting, please get in touch by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org