Scam Alert! We have recently become aware of a scam targeting college students seeking jobs. If you receive unsolicited phone calls or emails claiming to be from OneSky, please exercise caution and do not respond to such communications. The only legitimate recruitment webpage for OneSky is: https://onesky.org/careers/ . OneSky does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process and does not request or issue bank cheques or money transfer at any stage of the recruitment process. OneSky assumes no responsibility for any consequences (including financial loss, identity theft or otherwise) that may derive from such scams.
Teacher for Adult Learners / Early Childhood Development Trainer (Ref: HKP003)
The Centre is a hub for services and training for children and families at-risk, as well as training programs for professionals and caregivers. The OneSky training team will implement the OneSky training approach, consisting of face-to-face teaching, workplace/home visits, and continuous online learning to adult caregivers such as parents, grandparents, and professionals who have direct interaction with young children at-risk. Trainers share and model early childhood best practices, cultivate reflective practice among caregivers, and help nurture a community of learners working with children at-risk in Hong Kong. OneSky started its work in China more than two decades ago and now, we are going to continue the mission in Hong Kong for the families at risk and the communities.
- Possess a minimum of a Higher Diploma in Early Childhood Education and at least 4 years working directly with young children.
- At least 1-year experience teaching and/or training adult learners, such as parents, grandparents, caregivers.
- Good knowledge of best practices for care and education of young children
- Subject expertise on children; working with infants and toddlers and children at-risk is desired.
- Strong oral presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Fluent in Cantonese and English proficiency
- Flexible, positive attitude, cooperative and collaborative team member
- Conduct training (face-to-face training, visits, and to share best practices in early care and education to adult learners who have direct interaction with young children from 0 to 6 years old.
- Set up the training room with the required props prior to each session
- Facilitate and respond to learners’ comments and questions in both the in-class training/workshop and the online platform.
- Promote positive and engaging learning atmosphere for both the in-class training/workshop and online platform for learners.
- Review and support the development of the quality program content in response to learners’ feedback and new developments in the relevant field.
- Keep up to date on current knowledge and best practices in the fields of child development and early education.
- Attend and participate in community days and events to promote OneSky programs.
- Work closely with the Director of Global Programs, the OS Programs Team and other trainers.
- Regular debriefing on training matters with the training team.
- Report directly to the Director of Global Programs.
- 5 days’ work between Monday – Saturday.
- This position is based in Hong Kong.
Start Date: Immediate
OneSky provides its employees with competitive remuneration package.
Interested applicants please send notice of interest to Programs at firstname.lastname@example.org
Family Mentor (Ref: HKP010)
In order to create a positive and inclusive environment, OneSky welcomes any individual from various diverse backgrounds and a passion for working with children to apply for the position. The Family Mentor will work in the Family Centre play areas by demonstrating quality adult-child interactions and early childhood best practices. They will model how to interact and enrich play through following children’s interests, asking inquiring questions, and teach parents and caregivers about responsive caregiving.
- Strong experience working with young children 0-6 years old/li>
- Studies in Early childhood education and or related disciplines required
- Licensed ECE (CE) highly preferred
- Fluent in Cantonese, additional language highly preferred
- Deeply enjoys playing with young children
- Friendly, approachable
- Strong work ethics
- Cooperative and collaborative team member
- Flexible and positive attitude
- Motivated self-learner
- Undergo an extensive training on the OneSky approach, child protection, and early childhood care and education best practices
- Will demonstrate and model evidence based early childhood best practices to parents and caregivers through play
- Get on the floor, be hands on, and excited to get involved with the children’s play.
- Coordinate and promote messy and creative play.
- Will educate adult caregivers participating at the Family Centre on the importance of play
- Will support the Social worker and OneSky staff in creating a safe and inclusive environment.
- Will help answer parent questions and inquiries
Please forward your cover letter and resume to email@example.com and include the job title in the subject line.
Head of Global Communications (Ref: HKD001)
OneSky is seeking a dynamic and exemplary Head of Global Communications to tell OneSky’s story to the world through compelling written and visual communications. The aim is to engage, inspire and convert our stakeholders while reinforcing our reputation and enhancing organisational culture.
This new role is part of OneSky’s global development team. Reporting to the Chief Development Officer based in Hong Kong, the Head of Global Communications will oversee a mid-size team of content and creative professionals. Ideally, the candidate would be based near OneSky’s teams in either San Francisco, Los Angeles or Hong Kong.
This role requires outstanding and demonstratable creative writing skills. As OneSky’s chief story teller, writer and editor, this role directs and shapes OneSky’s positioning, messaging, content and social strategies, all the while determining the best channels for distribution to reach OneSky’s most desired audiences. In addition, the candidate would have experience in media relations, digital marketing and brand management. This is desirable but not essential.
Ensuring the highest standards in communications across OneSky’s assets, the Head of Global Communications will be creative, compassionate and, as an advocate for marginalised children, highly motivated to bring the OneSky story to the world. The candidate will possess a positive outlook, be adaptable, resourceful, results orientated and comfortable working in a fast-paced global environment. Experience in working across cultures, languages and time zones will ensure the Head of Global Communications unites and nurtures an inclusive, equitable and diverse communications team.
- Prepare and execute the annual communications strategy to promote OneSky’s vision and mission to stakeholders, building awareness, securing engagement and driving commitment from donors, NGO partners, governments, the OneSky board and employees.
The communications strategy will encompass the following elements:
- Develop and execute a content strategy that ensures the creation of compelling written and visual content to clearly communicate OneSky’s work and impact.
- Conceptualise, write and edit OneSky stories, social media posts, speeches, video scripts, donor communications and other content pieces, ensuring OneSky messaging and voice is consistent and shines through.
- Execute against a content/editorial calendar, to ensure the content team publish timely, relevant and impactful content across our digital channels.
- Work closely with the Creative Services team to oversee the conception and delivery of compelling visual content assets including photographs and film that demonstrate the impact of OneSky’s programs.
- Oversee the OneSky global website, updating as necessary, to ensure an engaging environment for current and potential donors/supporters.
- Develop a social media strategy to promote OneSky across owned and paid social channels or third-party websites, managing content, images, and paid posts.
- Develop meaningful metrics to measure OneSky’s digital and social engagement, adjusting content frequency, length and topics accordingly.
Media Relations & Third-party Partnerships
- Seek out appropriate media opportunities or partnerships with mainstream media, global ECCE media, philanthropy platforms, etc. to leverage awareness for OneSky globally.
- Develop creative media angles/pitches to promote OneSky personnel, OneSky programs and our impact to targeted audiences.
- Assist in securing and stewarding OneSky Ambassadors and Key Opinion Leaders in the US and Asia, to help highlight our work to their followers.
- Champion and preserve the OneSky brand working closely with the relevant teams to develop marketing materials. These include impact reports, the OneSky Annual Report, brochures, posters, films, supporter newsletters, supporter campaigns etc.
- Work with OneSky’s Creative Services team to ensure our materials uphold our brand attributes and values and are always of the highest design standard. Assist with the annual review of the OS Brand Guidelines, recommending changes as required.
- Support the OneSky leadership team with employee engagement initiatives including internal announcements, Town-Hall presentations, staff newsletters etc.
- Suggest proactive initiatives to engage a culturally and geographically diverse staff.
Team Management & Reporting
- Manage a diverse and remote team of content and creative professionals located in Asia and the United States.
- Conduct weekly and monthly team meetings to ensure the team is kept abreast of OneSky’s programs and operations.
- Conduct annual performance reviews.
- Submit a weekly report on team activities.
Qualifications & Skills
- Native English speaker and writer with outstanding creative writing skills.
- Extensive experience in content marketing with a demonstratable portfolio of writing.
- Demonstratable experience in developing a social media strategy, social media content and measuring and analysing social engagement.
- Previous work in the NGO sector managing a team of communicators is highly desirable.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, WordPress, and social media publishing.
- At least 15 years professional work experience.
Forward your resume and a cover letter explaining your interest in this role. Please outline your experience, what you would bring to the role and provide samples of your professional writing.
OneSky will short list candidates for interview following the closure of the application period. We will endeavour to respond to all applicants where possible. Final candidates will be required to complete a number of writing exercises, to demonstrate style and skill.
Applications Close: November 30, 2020.
Please send your applications to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the job title in the subject line.
We are looking for translators! If you are fluent in Vietnamese or Mongolian and want some experience working with a dynamic team in an NGO setting, please get in touch by emailing email@example.com